|You are receiving this email because we have you listed as a key contact for your school. If you are no longer the right person, please let us know who it should be and we will send this note to them and update our records!
THANK YOU for being a DirectorySpot customer. You will find everything here you need to know about how to transition your directory to the 2022-2023 school year. Good news again this year, there are no price changes!
1. Uploading NEW Data (same as last year) - When you are ready with your data for next year, go to Manage Directory/Import Data. Data Import Instructions
Most customers reload the data each year from a new file as the grades and teacher assignments change. If you want to start with the current data in DirectorySpot, you can download it to excel (Manage Directory/Export Data and choose DirectorySpot template). Delete the graduating students, add the incoming and then change all the grades and teacher assignments as well as new teacher information. Once it is all updated, then it can be uploaded back to DirectorySpot. ***Remember that you also need to import your "users" by going to Manage Users / Import Users. If you want ALL parents (and/or teachers) to be users, then choose Option 2 when you import users and DirectorySpot will create the users for you. We highly recommend to send out the automated email with instructions (which will only go to new users).
2. Users - PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO UPDATE YOUR USERS (same as last year) - For your users that had access to DirectorySpot last year, the transition will be seamless, they will automatically see the new data the next time they log in. For users that have "graduated," and are not on your list of imported users, they will no longer see your data. For NEW users, they will receive the automated email and will need to download the app and set their passwords. If you want to send out your own announcement email (once the new data is loaded), here is a sample transition email to send out to your users. Sample Email
3. Saving 2021-2022 Data - If you would like to save a copy of last year's data, please go to Directory and click "Download PDF" and then save it to your computer in case anyone wants a copy. If you have admin access, you might also want to download the data to a spreadsheet. Once you have uploaded the new data, last year's data will be overwritten.
4. Payments (same as last year) - You can manage your subscription and make payments online. We do not send out invoices. Most school subscriptions expire on 9/15/21, so you can make the payment (by check or credit card) at any time before that date and the new expiration date will be 9/15/21. Just go to Manage Directory/Subscription. If the timing is a problem for your school, just let us know. Payment Instructions
5. Discounts for School Districts - We offer a 10% discount for schools where the entire school district is using DirectorySpot. Just contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
6. Key Contact(s) - If you are not the key contact anymore, please let us know who is and we will update our records. If you are passing on DirectorySpot responsibilities, make sure to set up the new person with the admin security profile. Go to Manage Users / Add User and add them and then check all the boxes.