Based on our experience working with HOA's, here are the suggested settings in DirectorySpot. Upload your logo and choose your color and then go through the following steps to customize your directory (THIS ASSUMES YOU WILL HAVE ONE ENTRY PER HOUSEHOLD/FAMILY).
1. Basic Settings - (Manage Directory / Settings)
- Keep the PDF box checked if you would like your homeowners to be able to download and print a PDF directory. Uncheck if you do not want this.
- Uncheck "Share/Hide" Data. (Keep it checked if you want all data hidden until each homeowner goes in and approves their own data).
2. Mobile Tabs - (Manage Directory / Mobile Tabs)
- Change First Tab Singular Contact to Homeowner (or Neighbor etc)
- Change First Tab Plural Contacts to Homeowners)
- Second tab = Group
- Third tab = Calendar
- Fourth tab = Sponsors
3. Create Custom Labels to identify which email and cell phone is listed (Manage Directory/Custom Labels)
- Add the following Phone Labels:
o His Cell
o Her Cell
o His Work
o Her Work
- Delete the following Phone Labels:
- Add the following Email Labels:
o His Email
o Her Email
- Delete the following Email Labels:
- Add the following Address Labels:
o 2nd Home (if appropriate)
- Delete the following Address Labels:
You can also use "Email 1" and "Email 2" instead of "His Email" and "Her Email" if you prefer.
4. Load your data. To make it easy, make the column headings on your data spreadsheet match the fields in DirectorySpot. For example, if you created a "His Email" field, then make sure you have a column on your spreadsheet called "His Email." Here is a sample spreadsheet that aligns with the labels in step 3. Just adjust as needed for your specific directory needs.
Listing Children - we would suggest listing the children in the "notes" section. In this attached data sample, you can see examples. You can also list pets here if they are included in the directory.
The title field is displayed in the first tab on the app and can be easily searched. Many HOA's list the street name or a board position in this field. You can use it for whatever makes the most sense for your HOA.
5. Groups - Groups can be used to tag/sort various contacts. Examples include HOA clubs, activities, board positions, committees, street names, services offered like babysitting etc. Each contact can have one group, no groups, or many groups. Just add them all on the import spreadsheet separated by commas. You can add/change/delete groups at any time.